If you are looking for serious investment, you’ll need more than an idea.
Investors are experienced business professionals, who typically offer expertise in addition to financial backing. They are only going to give their time and money if there is strong evidence that they will get a return.
They are looking for opportunities with proven business credentials. You may come across as a passionate and committed team, but they seek tangible evidence of your dedication to your business idea. You’re going to need a detailed business plan to support your pitch.
Embed highly desirable features with ISO standards
Investors are drawn to businesses with growth potential. To prove that your business has it, you’ll need:
- A business model that can be repeated and expanded
- ISO quality standards focus on embedding best practice in every aspect of a business. In order to achieve certification, you need established systems and processes which are operating efficiently and optimising the results.
- Evidence that there is scope to expand your customer base
- Many businesses will only award contracts to suppliers with specific ISO certification, so it is an essential requirement if your intentions are to maximise your market potential.
- A strong team that is open to coaching
- ISO standards clarify the business goal and help each team member understand how they can contribute towards it. Clear procedures and development opportunities will also encourage job satisfaction and loyalty.
- Credible revenue projections
In order to provide credible revenue projections, your processes have to be controlled and predictable. ISO standards encourage standardised procedures to ensure every customer reliably receives the same high quality goods or services. This is essential for establishing a profitable model, building a brand and realising both efficiency and growth.
You can see that a business with ISO certification has natural appeal to an investor. It’s an ideal means of demonstrating your commitment and securing their support.
Call 0345 600 6975 to discuss what’s involved, what grants are available, the costs and timescales.