AS9100, AS9110 & AS9120 Aerospace
Lives could be at stake if aviation businesses do not achieve AS standards certification. Airlines seek the most reliable suppliers that can prove professional and meticulous processes, and high-quality products and services.
The AS quality management standards that your aviation business opts to gain must match the section of the industry in which you operate. They are all covered by the AS series of quality management standards.
Quality is a chain reaction
AS 9100 (sometimes incorrectly referred to as the unrelated ISO 9100) relates to aviation manufacturing. Like all standards, it is internationally recognised and assists firms with continuous improvement to meet changing customer requirements, by setting in place monitoring procedures.
Other benefits of AS 9100 include:
- The ability to track equipment throughout the supply chain
- Enhancing existing knowledge and processes
- Improved efficiency, minimising wasted resource and budget
- Motivation of your workforce through their involvement in the certification process.
Why maintaining quality is key
AS 9110 is the maintenance element of the aviation quality management systems standards series. It should be treated as complementary to existing regulations, not as a replacement for them.
Because aviation products are intended to last for decades due to the cost of their manufacture, AS 9100 is vital to prove the highest maintenance standards are in place at your organisation.
Customers attaining this certification enjoy:
- A reduction in the risk of faults caused by the maintenance process
- Improved performance against competitors by proving you use cutting-edge maintenance technique
- Happier customers, leading to better results and a boost to your bottom line.
Better handling and visibility
AS 9120 covers distribution of items considered aviation commodities, for example aeroplane parts. This standard recognises the need for distributors to correctly handle and be able to trace these parts on their journey through the supply chain.
With AS 9120 in place, advantages include:
- Your customers will be secure in the knowledge that risks of their components being lost or damaged in transit have been significantly reduced
- Product safety and reliability are documented as front of mind for your operation, further comforting your customers
- Stock provided to customers can be tracked to preclude obsolescence becoming an issue
- Improved customer experience and satisfaction means better results for your business.
Holding an aviation-related standard will open doors for you within the aviation industry that would otherwise remain firmly shut.