Do you have standards? 5 Reasons to make sure you do…
You can pretty much bet that if you want to produce it, sell it, share it or talk about it, there’s a quality standard to follow, to prove you’re doing it right. There’s even a standard on how we develop and maintain standards!
With standards for every industry and varying levels of compliance, you might be asking what they really mean. Has the sheer volume of standards available lost the importance of working with them in the first place?
A fair question, one would think. However one basis of all quality standards is to instil confidence in those to whom you provide your services, that you are unscrupulously safe, responsible and constitutional. Here we offer the main reasons we believe you should be working with standards.
- Following quality standards and committing to maintain those standards improves every aspect of your business. Clearly this leads to a greater number of satisfied customers, staff and management and in due course, greater profits.
- Potential customers look for the company that can demonstrate the most widely accepted levels of quality, reliability and service. Working with quality standards convinces customers of this – both in the UK and abroad.
- You and your company have a reputation to protect. Your responsibility to your customers, the environment, data protection and continuity of service is protected by working with and maintaining your quality standards.
- Using standards is the best way to ensure your business maintains legitimacy and meets necessary regulations within your field of expertise. The last you want is to be caught ‘on the hop’ when audits come around!
- You will gain the competitive edge when bidding for tenders. Working with standards doesn’t mean your services or products are more expensive, it means they are safe, legal, responsible and of a superior quality. Standards are power; standards are great tools to enable you to drive innovation and increase productivity. They make business more successful and improve people’s work / life balance and satisfaction. Standards are knowledge; making lives easier, safer and healthier.
If that’s convinced you to take up working with quality standards, make 2015 the year you get the wheels in motion. We are always very happy to talk you through the processes, feel free to get in touch for a no obligation chat.
Carl Kruger on
0845 600 6975